Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fall Ride to J&P Cycles


My neighbor and I decided to take a ride to Anamosa to go to J&P Cycles showroom.  J&P Cycles is the largest aftermarket catalog for Harley Davidson parts and it's in the middle of nowhere here in Iowa!  The round trip will be about 325 miles, which is a great day trip.


At J&P Cycles, we got to see a replica of the Captain America bike.  They said that it took 3 years to build the bike because it took so long to track down the old parts needed.  The bike is pretty cool.  It would be interesting to ride this bike!








On the ride home, we made a mistake and did not get gas in Cedar Rapids.  After Cedar Rapids there is a 60 mile stretch where there nothing at all.  Kirk ended up running out of gas.  I was sitting at 166 miles on this tank and not knowing how much gas was left in it.  I've ran out of gas at 164 miles before, but I have added a Big Sucker air cleaner since then and I knew that improved my gas mileage.  So I had to go out and look for a place to get gas.  I ended up finding one.....16 miles away!  I got 182 miles on the tank!  Not too bad.


The thing that makes this so funny is that my bike has no gas gauge at all.  Kirk on the other hand has two!  As you can see, Kirk doesn't care to much.

No comments:

Post a Comment